Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Game Of Life

The William Tell Holiday Inn is a beautiful place . Here we are , sitting in one of their many rooms , having a baby shower . I have Aubs and Hannah on each side of me . Not too long ago , we sat here , in the same room , at the same table , preparing for this same couple's journey in life as they opened their wedding shower presents .

As we watched them play the many silly games , you could see their excitement and happiness as they embark on the next stage of the game of life . These milestones in our lives seem to bring out the sentimental longings within our hearts . Looking at Aubs  , I could see on her face the same thoughts as mine . When will it be my turn ?

This very morning , as I tried getting a few winks before the shower , the girls ( Aubs , Emily , Hannah ) pulled out the game we play everytime they stay over . . . . The Game Of Life . As they played , they each wished for a desire of their hearts . For some , it could be that great career , or many babies or marriage . No matter  what that desire , we all want to experience the life of it . We want to live it and not watch others do it for us .

Oh , how I would love the opportunity of being here to see both , Emily and Aubs . swell with the life of a babe inside of them . To see their happiness and their excitement as they embarked on a journey of their own in this game of life .

 My one desire for my children ? To really think about the outcome of their choices before they embark on their desires . I want them to start life the right way , on the right path . No matter if they fall off that path , it will be easier for them to get back onto it . Make a wrong choice right at the start and it could take you half a lifetime to finally find that yellow brick road .

Just look at me , folks . Look at how old I am . It was a long time until I found that right path .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...