Sunday, November 11, 2012

Piglet

Piglet : My Aub's puppy going by the name of Missy . She actually looks like a black piglet , hence the name I call her . She stayed by us overnight as the family gathered for my mom's 70th surprise birthday party .

She arrived Friday night as I was making my way to work . She couldn't stay in the hotel room with them .  Joe and Aubrey brought a cage for her thinking she would sleep soundly in my room until the next morning . I knew this would never work . A puppy in a strange , new place all alone in a cage . Who were they kidding ? Even I'd be scared .

We had to separate Diamond and Missy from each other . Diamond went in Emily's room and Missy went in my bedroom . It didn't take long for the texts from Emily to begin . Missy is whining and wants out of the cage . She would leave Diamond and come stay with Missy . Then Diamond is meowing in the next room . Again , Emily goes back to the other room just to hear Missy barking for her .
 
Emily kept darting from cat to dog until 2 a.m. in the morning . Finally , grabbing Missy she fell asleep on the couch in the living room for a mere 2 hours only to be woken up by soft , wet kisses from Missy . Then , it was time to race frantically around the room with renewed energy !

Yes , it was a very eventful night  and as I walked in the morning , a very sleepy Emily handed me the " baby " as my turn began . Another round of " tug and war " only tired me out . Looking around my room for something to play fetch with , I was reminded of all those sleepless nights when my children were babies .

Finally , after a couple of hours , we ended up on the bed so she could watch some show on the Discovery Channel . Needless to say , I fell asleep with the little " piglet " nestled by my feet .

Later , packing up her things , I smiled at my grandson and exclaimed how messy my room became with Missy here .
" Oh , grandma , it's much cleaner than the last time I was here ."
God Bless children !

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! We had a dog once (Gertie) that looked just like a piglet when she was a puppy. Everyone wanted to take her home! That last part about your grandson and his honesty is so funny and so true of kids. I was with my 8 year old granddaughter recently on a eat out, shopping spree day. It was just she and I and she was feeling very much my confident. Before I went in the store, I pulled out my lipstick and remarked that I had better put some on so I didn't "scare" anyone in the store. When I finished the job she told me to turn around so she could evaluate my work. After looking at me quite seriously for a minute, she told me with some amount of strain in her voice "You're ok, grandma. You're not TOOOO scarey anymore!" I thought I would fall out of the car laughing. Their honesty is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...