Friday, November 30, 2012

Another Broken Record

As Emily prepared supper in the kitchen , she remarked how incredibly fast this week went by . Here , it was Friday already . Yes , it did go by quickly .

Sitting in my room , I can faintly hear her movements and I'm grateful for her presence . In my moments of immobility , she just takes over . I'm not sure how she knows whether by my appearance , feel or actions , but somehow she knows . She knows when I just can't .

I'm tired , I'm tired , I'm tired  . . . .

My body feels different this time . I feel tired , achy , and at times , nauseous . Usually , I felt like this after the chemo not before . Maybe , it's all in my head , fully knowing what is coming . I know I sound like a broken record .

I'm tired , I'm tired , I'm tired . . . . .

I think back to the other chemo times . I remember how she took care of me then . Usually , after coming home from treatment , I would plop down into bed . She would quietly close the door after me , taking my cell phone with her . Supper , cooked and ready on the stove , waited for when I was able to stomache food .

I'm tired , I'm tired , I'm tired  . . . . .

How many times has she heard me say that ? How many more times will I say that ? Too many . Thank goodness I have her in my life . What about people who are alone ? Who have no one to offer them comfort ? I feel for these people . No one should be alone during a time like this . We all need comfort and soothing when we are tired . Someone to make supper for us . . . .to let us know they care . Let's not forget about those people . Let's offer them kindness and comfort in their need .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lottie - Your daughter loves you. What a beautiful gift she is to you, from your God. I live alone, and am sometimes jealous of those who still have their children with them. But, I must tell you that, when I hit rock bottom, as we all do, God has ALWAYS sent one of them or a dear, dear friend to love me through it. He is Faithful who has called you (and me)! I love you. You are ever in my thoughts and prayers for God sustaining grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so true . Our children , end up taking care of us .

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...