Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Flash From The Past

Signing into facebook , I noticed my friend request beaming the number one . Someone wants to be my friend . To my surprise it is someone I haven't seen for many years , a real flash from the past .

I hesitate before accepting . Alot has changed in these many years separating us . Definitely not the same anymore . I'm definitely not the same anymore . In that one moment , my mind drifted back to a time I'm not very proud of , reliving the good ole times .

 I have changed in many ways . My appearance is definitely different . I hardly recognize myself at times . My health has taken a dive downward over and over again . The  being living inside of me has taken the biggest hit . I was reborn in more ways than one . What would this person think of me now ?

For a split second , I felt embarrassed by my life . . . . just a split second . Then  I realized I wouldn't change anything about it . I didn't care what this person thought of me . Let them call me whatever they want .

I have gained weight , been through cancer three times now  and I'm a born again Christian . So what ?! Let them talk or make fun all they want . I'm glad I'm not the same person I was back then . I am me . What's even better is the fact that I actually like myself now .

Yes , this person will probably wonder what has happened to her to bring on all this change and not in a nice way , either  . Those good ole times , can never come back . They are not welcomed here . The biggest change has happened inside of me .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...