Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Soul Cleansing

I awakened  with a start , glancing at the clock , I realized just how long I have slept . Yesterday , I had no time to lay down when I came home from work . Another family event and I didn't get to lay down until evening . I got up thinking I would write my blog and go back to sleep . . . it was only 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning .

That one blog story turned into four and the next thing I knew it was time for Church . That set the tone for the rest of the week . I have no idea where this bundle of energy came from , but I certainly took advantage of it .

With my chemo just around the corner , I need to sterilize my apartment . Yes , sterilize  . Get down on my hands and knees to really get into those corners and hard to reach spots . This place has to be as germ free as possible . This extra burst of energy  really helped in that department .

As I scrubbed the kitchen floor on my knees , a deep sense of satisfaction filled my soul . It's always like that when every corner is spotless . It resembles our life and sometimes we need to thoroughly clean it up to feel whole again . In a way , having chemo come back over and over again is like a soul cleansing . A time to reach deep down into our being and see what comes up .

Remember those clorox wipes from the last time ? Every morning , I would get up and wipe down the entire place . I was home then . This time , I'll be working and time will be limited . I'm not entirely sure if I can handle it : work , chemo and the daily grind of it . I must be crazy .

Having three days off from work this week surely helps . Sometimes , I look at my life and wonder how I never have enough time . My children are grown but my life is so full of extracurricular activities that my calendar is always full .  

I went out and bought alot of those wipes  . Funny thing is , I find myself getting out the rag and soapy water more this time . Maybe this time , I want more of a heavy duty cleanup job instead of just skimming the surface .. . .not  a quick fix . Have you had a soul cleasning lately ? Maybe , it's time .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...