Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Believe In Hope

Scenario:
                 You're having a conversation and the other person has a slip of the tongue . They're not even aware of what they just said , but you do . You realize a confidence has been broken . There is only one person who could have told them . You're heartbroken and angry . You trusted someone and they betrayed you .

Yesterday , that happened to me . You know , I write this blog knowing full well that people read it . I would never write something that I didn't want repeated elsewhere . The people that read my blog have shown me a courtesey that I've come to admire . Many of them are my co-workers  and yet , what I write here never gets repeated as gossip at work the next day . No one makes unprofessional comments or hurtful remarks . In fact , for some of them , it's months before I'm aware of who they are .

They show me a professional courtesey and I admire them for it . I don't want to get into what happened . When it comes to work , I don't have to tell anyone about my cancer or anything about it . The fact that I did tell someone wasn't for personal reasons but professional . I wanted to prepare them for my being off on FMLA during my treatment . Basically , they abused that right .

All day long , I can't wrap my head around this need that some people have in hurting others . Why do people do the things they do ? Why do we have this insane need to disobey ? To hurt ? To lie and cheat ? To break a confidence ? To justify our bad behavior ? What's the big deal ? You write a blog !

Emily says I should have known better because just look at these two ? ! When have their actions ever been appropriate ? Why do you expect them to behave better ?

Because I have hope . I am so full of hope for these two , my family , for the world , for everyone . Because I believe that there are good people out there who are trying their very best to lead a righteous life . I believe that people can change . When a person extends their hand to me in friendship , I have to take it , no matter what their true intentions may be . . . . . because I am full of hope . . . . .because I believe .

Now I hold alot of power in my hands right now . I could turn this power into revenge filled with anger and report them to my H.R. manager . I could , but what would that really solve ? Would they be sorry ? No , they would justify their actions . The best thing for me to do is leave them in the hands of God . God's wrath is far worse than anything I ever do to them .

Thank you for listening and reading . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...