Friday, November 23, 2012

The Word Of God

Just finishing up with Thanksgiving , once again , I feel a void . In the last couple of years I find something missing in my Holidays . A sense of emptiness engulfs me , a dissatisfaction  , a wanting of something " more " . Is this all it is ?

I love my family and they love me . The conversation was great and so was the food . Yet . . . . something was missing . It has nothing to do with the people I spend it with or the food . I believe it has to do with the world .

The world is forgetting the meaning of each Holiday . The reason why we are celebrating . We are focusing on the materialism of each day . How big is the feast ? How many presents will I get ? The bigger the better . The more extravagant the better . I hope the turkey is juicy .

Yes , another message on materialism , yet , here we are still participating in it . We know it , we understand it , but we still keep on doing it . What's really important to us ? Is it Christ ? Is it the Word of God ? Is it about teaching our children  family values ?

No , what's important to us is waiting in line to get that flatscreen or computer for my kid so I can teach them what Christmas is all about . Let's buy the biggest and best turkey because that's what Thanksgiving is all about . Easter is not about Jesus' Resurrection but about the egg hunt . Black Friday isn't just on a Friday anymore . . . . it's Tuesday and Wednesday etc .

I sound hot , don't I ? I am . You see , we never know when our time is up and I'm sure you don't want to hear about it again , either . Why should you ? You're young and healthy and you feel you have many years to go before you have to worry about dying . I can do all this next year .

Maybe , you do . I , on the other hand , can hear my clock ticking . I'm not worried about myself , but I'm worried about the world my grandkids will be mingling with . Folks , we are teaching our children the wrong things . All these things will not satisfy their hearts . . . will not feed their soul .

My favorite Christmas was when both my kids decided we would give each other the gift of time . There were no presents that year . Instead , we ate , played games , Emily wrote a story and we watched a movie .

Now that I've ticked everyone off  , I'm leaving . Have a Blessed Week everyone .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...