Monday, November 19, 2012

Tidbits Here And There

1. A few days ago , I broke a promise I made to myself . I missed a deadline and didn't post a blog entry . Now , that might have you say " so what " , but I have a list of things that I want to accomplish on a daily basis and on a weekly basis . This schedule provides me with a desire to get up every morning regardless of how I feel . I don't ever want to fall into the darkness of despair . It makes no difference if I had a valid reason or not , it shouldn't have happened . I should have been better prepared .  I want to make sure that I stay in the right frame of mind . It takes alot of work to have a positive attitude regarding this disease , which leads me into my next tidbit .

2 . While I was at my doctor's , one of my chemo nurses  came up to me offering her services in organizing the donation of my slippers to the hospital . Now , I have been worried on how I would accomplish this feat since I never done this before . Who do I call ? Where do I go ? Again , God provided . He sent me a nurse who has contacts at the Children Memorial Hospital here in Chicago . So we might donate these crocheted slippers here instead of St. Jude's . I will keep you posted . Again , this isn't until February when my deadline ends. Right now , we have 608 pairs ready . Not as much as I hoped to have by now . My transition going back to work set me back .

3. Yes , work . Let's talk about work . I'm adapting quite well . I think it has more to do with organizing my time better  than anything else  . As to that aggravating person I'm trying so hard to love ? Emily put it best : With all my health issues resurfacing again , my mind has been preoccupied and I have no time to be focusing on that person , therefore , we get along better .

4 . Family . . . . I have seen my close family members like every couple of days this month . From my mom's 70th birthday party to my Godson's baby shower . This week we have Thanksgiving , which we hardly ever had together as a family . Well , this year we're getting together . Like two days later , my nephew's bowling birthday party .  Now family , I love you , but let's at least give a week before we see each other again .
Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...