Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Little Rip Van Winkle

Remember Rip Van Winkle and how he slept so soundly ? Didn't we think how strange it was that he fell asleep for so long ? And so suddenly ?

I could almost tell my cancer was back , just by how tired I have been feeling .  I haven't started chemo yet and already I'm taking naps everyday .

I was afraid this would happen . Since 2007 , I developed a thyroid condition and now everytime my cancer comes back , it makes it worse . Talk about getting sleepy . I could be fine one minute and the next , an exhaustion overcomes me and I need to lie down .

This has been one of my main concerns , especially since I plan on working  and only taking off the week of my treatment . What if I can't keep up with the workload ? What if I'm too exhausted ?

Since my cancer is a re-occurring one , I need to make room for it in my life . I need to make it work . I will not allow it to disrupt my life , but to  go on  as normal as possible . No more scarves , but wigs . No more looking like a victim . My wish : no one will be able to tell I have cancer . That's the ideal plan .

So , my friends , it's time to turn off the lights and nap . Have a Blessed Week everyone .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...