Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gluttony Galore

    Gluttony is my Deadly Sin . I've always enjoyed my food . I like the way food tastes , the presentaion and the variety . Never have I been afraid or squeemish about trying new types of food . In fact , one of my favorites things is a buffet or multi- course meal .
    Many years ago , one of my girlfriends remarked , while at dinner , how I simply look like I am enjoying my food . She never seen that before . I even  remember what I was eating . .....pancakes smothered in hot  apples and cinnamon sauce .
   I have always been thin while enjoying my gluttony . At least , up to the last 5 to 6 years  . Then cancer came , menopause , hysterectomony , thyroid condition , steroids and just plain middle-age  happened . Never been the same since . I still   enjoy my food . Or at least , I used to enjoy my food . I haven't enjoyed a meal in weeks and weeks , more like months .
   With the nausea and metal mouth syndrome ......NOTHING ....absolutely NOTHING tastes good anymore . Oh , where are my mashed potatoes and gravy ? My country fried steak ! Creamy coleslaw ! The hot steaming creamy potato soup with tiny bits of bacon on top .You can dip your roll smothered in butter . Of course , it's freshly baked . How I crave for my roasted chicken with perfectly seasoned skin that you rip off and taste first . It's bad for you but who cares . The dessert is ice cream and what flavored don't I like ? Has there been one invented that I could resist ? My Emily makes the best home-made whipped cream ever . You will never go back to artificial . NEVER !
  Glorious food  ! Mouth watering , delicious food ! When will I taste you again ?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lottie, you're making me so hungry! And the fast doesn't end for days. :P We will have to go out to eat together when you can taste and enjoy food again.

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...