Friday, January 27, 2012

An Escape To England

    As the month draws to a close , I feel relief that it's almost over . The same excitement I felt in the beginning I now feel at the end  . It was one of my hardest months since this whole thing began . I'm not sure which was worse the mental part or the physical . Maybe  , they each held the same amount .
     Having had a cancer therapist for awhile during my last visit with cancer in  2007 , I'm familiar with substitution of pain with other activity such as music , reading , games or even breathing exercises . I 'm always on the lookout for something else . Something new .
      As this month progressed , It came to me I needed a new outlet . The ones I've used in the past were not working for me any longer . I found that outlet but it came quite late  .
        This whole week I have been mesmerized with my mind off to a fantasyland where none of my troubles exist . I've been to England . I got on my Netflix Express and sailed off to visit Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple . Said hello to Downton Abbey and Upstairs/Downstairs . I love all things England and especially their shows . Sometime , I feel I'm in the wrong country and wrong era .
        As I watch , I go about my daily routine . Somehow , doing laundry doesn't seem as drearie any longer . As long as Mr. Darcy keeps you company . When I'm tired or not feeling very well , I just lie down and watch Pride and Prejudice  and somehow I feel a little better . This has been a very productive week for me . If I'm feeling pitiful ...well, time for Finding Neverland .
         You know , I can't even remember that therapist's name . Not even her first name . What a shame . I have not been able to do one thing she excelled in ......a relaxation technique by breathing in  and out slowly and transporting yourself somewhere else in a fantasyland where your pain doesn't exist .
          Sorry folks , but Agatha Christie is calling out my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...