Sunday, July 28, 2019

Redefining My Work Space

                                                     Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 




He who intermits
The appointed task and duties of the day
Untunes full oft the pleasures of the day;
Checking the finer spirits that refuse
To flow, when purposes are lightly changed.
W. WORDSWORTH



I have been working towards improving my quality of life ever since this cancer journey began. It has set a theme in motion that I have envisioned for myself. I say myself, because my children will have their mates and in the end, I will be alone. That is the way of things.

Still, I am not completely there. I can see it in my head of how I want to live out my remaining years. I would love to spend those years doing Ministry work full time. That is still a few years away and in the meantime, I want to improve my work space so it can work even better for what it is intended for. I want to change it up!

First thing I needed to consider is painting the room. It was this mustard yellow color and it has been fine. Since it has been going on three years since we moved here, small scuff marks have been showing up here and there. Besides, on my vlogs the mustard yellow appeared jaundice like and not very appealing. 

It was my girlfriend that suggested I choose a more peaceful color so I could be inspired to write and crochet. I ended up choosing the color Pacific Blue and it certainly has brightened things up drastically. I just love, love how it all came out. 

I also moved the furniture around a bit and was hoping to get rid of my bulky bed for a a more simpler style. Again. my girlfriend suggested a platform bed that is higher off the ground and all my yarn storage bins would slide underneath out of sight. Easy access if I needed to take them out. That did not happen. The reason why I will mention in another post down the road. I am happy with how it is looking. I still need to put up some curtains to make it cozy, but otherwise I'm good. It's funny, one needs to live in chaos once in a while so one could appreciate what one has. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...