Monday, July 29, 2019

A Regular Pity Party

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey


Unite, my roving thoughts, unite
In silence soft and sweet;
And thou, my soul, sit gently down
At thy great Sovereign's feet.
P. DODDRIDGE

Last week was actually a very stressful and tiring week. It's been a long time since I came home with the soles of my feet burning. I've also been experiencing fatigue. Fatigue is something new to me even though I have had cancer four times, because it has been only evident after this last bout. When fatigue overcomes your body, it feels like a semi slammed into you. You're depleted of all energy and all you want is to lie down. 

Friday was a particularly exhausting day and I have no idea how I made it through work. I dragged my sore feet home and upon walking into the chaos in my bedroom, I had a major meltdown. Whenever I am tired, I become very crabby and sensitive. Upon seeing the still messy and unfinished room, I became mad as a hatter. 

This should have been done a long time. I have been trying to get hold of some young people who would come over and take my huge bed away. I also needed him to drill in some curtain rods in three of the rooms. No one has been answering the phone nor the texts. They simply disappeared for whatever reason. I gave up and put the room back to order with the help of Emily. She did all the heavy lifting, thank goodness. 

Unfortunately, my fatigue is still with me. I certainly hope that this week is much better and I have absolutely no plans for doing anything except for going in to work. That is all. I don't have the stamina that I had before my cancer. That person is gone for good. Something things don't quite go the way we planned, but that's okay. Eventually, I will get rid of that darn bed and get a platform one. it will happen, just not this time. All in good time. I will be patient and persevere. 

On a funny note: I drove around for over 24 hours with a bag of garbage in my backseat. I simply forgot to stop at the dumpster on my way out. I went everywhere with that stinky garbage and didn't realize it until the very next morning. Yup, that really happened. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...