Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Day 84 Of Writing: Hot And Humid

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Life is not an idle ore,
But iron dug from central gloom,
And heated hot with burning fears,
And dipt in baths of hissing tears,
And battered with the shocks of doom
To shape and use.
—Alfred Tennyson.



July came in bringing hot and humid weather, followed by quick and fierce storms. Thunder and lightening not far behind. One would think the rain would cool things off a bit, but no. I guess everyone and everything objected to the sudden stickiness that hung in the air. Myself, included.

I've been keeping my hair shorter than usual for no other reason than the easy care involved. I've always been a wash 'n' wear type of woman never caring much to be standing in front of a mirror blow drying and curling my hair on a daily basis. With all this humidity, staying cool has been the objective of the day. That of course, involves shorter hair. Hence, my quick trip to mom's this morning.

Mom has been cutting my hair for as long as I can remember. Occasionally, I would make it in to the hair dressers for a body wave or a perm. Again, I liked the easiness of the prep time. As I have been aging on, no desire for anything else, but simplicity. Short hair it is.

We have been very fortunate that our little apartment has stayed pretty darn cool. The air conditioner is turned on for a few hours and somehow, it has managed to stay cool when turned off. The windows are closed shut and so are the blinds. A ceiling fan in the kitchen and a table fan in the bedroom. So far, so good. Hope it lasts.

Even though it has been hot and humid, I still love Summer. There is something about the Sun that invites one out to play. It provides the vitality, regardless of the heat, to be as active as one can be. There is so much to do in Summer that one can never complain of boredom.

I have always loved all the Seasons. Do I have a favorite?  Not really. I believe each Season offers something that I need at that moment. Right now, I need the Sun and the long days. Plenty can get done in that time. So get out there and enjoy!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...