Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Day 97 Of Writing: Missing My Fruit

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                               everyday is a journey.


Just to follow hour by hour
As He leadeth;
Just to draw the moment's power
As it needeth.
F. R. HAVERGAL


I love preparation. I am the sort of person that will check schedules, times and even what else may be in the area whenever I go on vacation. I am like that about everything. I love to know what lies ahead so I can be prepared for anything. That's why I am very surprised that I overlooked an area. In what? Well, I prepared the apartment for the heat wave, but I never thought of preparing by stocking the refrigerator.

The fridge is bare, folks. Not the pantry, that is fully stocked, but we need our fruits and vegetables. I need my fruits and vegetables.

It's funny how in our need we find things we would never have noticed before. I have been way too sloth like to do anything in this heat. Well, anything that involved leaving my air conditioned home. Our energy levels are very low right now. The last thing I wanted to do is to travel for groceries. Then I remembered a fruit market in the area just a few blocks away. Hmm, let me see what they have to offer. I was pleasantly surprised to find it equaled, if not even better, than my Jerry's Fruit Market. It was much bigger, had even more items, but the pricing not much different. I definitely will come back.

This whole experience made me very aware of how much my body needs good nutrition. My pantry may be stocked, but I need fresh produce on an everyday basis. I didn't prepare very well here, but that's how we learn. Plus, sometimes we avoid certain places, because we are so stuck on the one that we love so much. There is always another that is equal, maybe even better if we just open our mind to it. Don't judge until you actually check it out thoroughly.

So now my fridge has some goodies in it and that makes me so very happy. I can't wait to get home tonight and have a delicious snack.


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...