Friday, July 19, 2019

Day 99 Of Writing; Days Of Old

                                                  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 




Prune thou thy words,
 the thoughts control
That o'er thee swell and throng;
They will condense within thy soul,
And change to purpose strong
.—John H. Newman.

The scene above is one of my favorites. It's actually a puzzle that mom and I did together. The farm scene reminds me of my Summer vacation on my maternal grandparent's farm in Poland when I was maybe 14 or 15 years of age. I had such a good time that I didn't pine for my family back in the States at all. I fed the chickens, the geese and even took the cows out to pasture every single day. For me, it was a time of discovery and I didn't want to leave the farm for anything. 

Many people have asked me why I never went back for another visit to my homeland. Well, the following Winter my grandfather passed away. My Uncle John and his family took over the farm along with grandma. I knew even then that the memories I held so dear to my heart were very special. I could never relive those moments again physically, only in my mind.

We all have memories like these that we just cannot let go of no matter what happens in life. These are precious and sentimental. You're probably wondering why so emotional? Sometimes we just are for no apparent reason.

The temperatures have soared well into 100, feeling more like 106. At least for today. We both stayed home and we both took a much needed nap. No guilt. No regrets. Now, I'm kicking back and reliving some good memories. Honestly, that's all we did today and we feel good about it. Sometimes we need to do just that . . . absolutely nothing. Just dream.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...