Thursday, July 4, 2019

Day 85 Of Writing: Expecting The Unexpected



                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 





Prune thou thy words; the thoughts control
That o'er thee swell and throng;
They will condense within thy soul,
And change to purpose strong.
J. H. NEWMAN

I thought it was going to be a boring week at best. Nothing really was planned at all. Both my children were occupied this 4th., one on vacation with his family and the other working. I saw ahead of me, four days off from work and I was excited. This excitement stemmed from the fact that there was nothing planned. All these days were going to be all mine. 

Honestly, I have to laugh at how life works. Best made plans and all that. First, I ended up being sick at work. Now, I have worked there over twenty-four years and the times I went home sick I could count on one hand. I just don't do that. Why I was sick, I will cover at another time where I can go in full detail. I ended up going home Wednesday night after 7 p.m. going straight to bed.

Today, after dropping Emily off at work, I noticed one of my headlights was out. Awesome. Noticed the shoppe was open, I tried to get it done, but too many cars already. I would have to come back Friday early when they opened. Then the Post Office, gas, laundry, well you get the picture. 

Next, I had some important papers to fill out and file as soon as possible. I had to visit my brother to help me with it since he is the brains in the family. That is a whole day of travelling back and forth. 

So you see, just when you expect a boring week, life intervenes and suddenly you have a story to tell. Here I thought I was going to work in my bedroom!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...