Monday, July 22, 2019

All About Fiber

                                                                Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                  everyday is a journey.
       

Thus my soul before her God
    Lieth still, nor speaketh more,
  Conqueror thus o'er pain and wrong,
    That once smote her to the core;
  Like a silent ocean, bright
  With her God's great praise and light.
J. J. WINCKLER

So let's talk about fiber. So how important is it? According to The Institute of Medicine, the average adult only eats 15 grams of fiber per day. Women need 25 grams of fiber per day, and men need 38 grams per day. You may think that it's a lot of fiber, but fiber can be found in a lot of foods. I, personally, eat plenty of fiber, probably more than I need. Fiber is not something my body lacks. In fact, if I'm not careful I can have a problem with too much.

So what does fiber do for the body? Fiber provides fuel to help build the levels of good bacteria in the large intestine meaning more vitamin B12 is produced and more fatty acids are available to protect the whole body. The fiber helps speed up the waste removable process in the body. Toxins do buildup throughout the day and fiber aids in it's removal from your body.

So what foods contain fiber? Here is a link to 43 different kinds of foods that contain fiber.
https://www.eatthis.com/high-fiber-foods
I actually have many, many of these in my pantry alone. Ever heard of spelt? Well, not only have I eaten some, but I stock it as well. One could say that we are on a high fiber diet.

Since I have no problem with fiber, that must mean that Emily does neither? Well, here's the funny thing. Emily actually can't get enough fiber in her body. So why are we so different and yet we eat the same things? The reason lies with the fact that I had radiation. This sensitivity of mine in regards to fiber occurred almost immediately after radiation treatment. Plus, I think because our bodies react differently with certain foods. My metabolism is different from hers and so is everyone else's, too.

Do I change anything in my diet since the completion of my research on fiber? Absolutely not! Things are working just fine and I definitely don't need to rock the boat. I still make all my dishes accordingly and just take smaller portions of the fiber. Emily, on the other hand  should increase hers. That's the whole point of discovering what works and what doesn't. It's all in the portions!


Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...