Sunday, July 7, 2019

Day 87 Of Writing:The Open Road

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 


Be not o'ermastered by thy pain,
But cling to God, thou shall not fall;
The floods sweep over thee in vain,
Thou yet shall rise above them all;
For when thy trial seems too hard to bear,
Lo! God, thy King, hath granted all thy prayer:
Be thou content.
P. GERHARDT

Oh, I love the open road! There is nothing that spells freedom more than driving under an open sky, all blue and cloud free! Turn on the music and sing along at the top of your lungs to your favorite song! Who hasn't done that? I've done it many times. 

I enjoy driving from state to state. There was a time I was petrified of driving on the freeway. Heavens no! It was this little box invention that changed everything, called a GPS. Greatest invention ever and it altered my life for the better. Remember how I allowed fear to run my life? This was another area where it roamed freely. Once I used it for the first time, I couldn't believe the freedom I felt. I felt so silly for being scared. It's always like that when we overcome a fear. 

Have you guessed that we went on a little road trip? Well, my mom and I stopped over by my big brother for the day. It is one of my favorite roads to be on, never too crowded with traffic and short enough not to become a drag. He was kind enough to help me with some important paperwork that I have been dreading to fill out. 

We stayed for dinner, enjoying the company and the magnificent views from every window. So beautiful. Peaceful. I could never tire of seeing nature up close. I am so glad that we are getting to know one another all over again, my brother and I. 

We went home just as evening was setting in, loaded up with yarn donations and fresh eggs. What a perfect day. Perfect company. Perfect conversations. Oh, how we need to do this more often. We forget the simple pleasures of living life. Great friendships, they make the world go round!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...