Tuesday, July 30, 2019

A Pretty Good Day

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



When thou hast thanked thy God
For every blessing sent,
What time will then remain
For murmurs or lament?
R. C. TRENCH.

I had a very energetic morning, everything moving the way it should. This was a welcomed change from the last several days where my body felt completely and utterly exhausted. Not too sure what is really bringing on this fatigue, but I do know we can analyze things way too much if not careful.

Otherwise, things have been moving along nicely this week. Monday I had a very important appointment to file paperwork that needed to be done. Again, I barely slept as anxiety crept in. Silly, I know. The entire thing took about twenty minutes and I went away extremely happy.  I have to do absolutely nothing with this for the rest of the year. I did say that I was happy, didn't I?
Funny how worked up we can become over nothing.

Also, I made two afghans for two very special people. One was for a gentleman in hospice and the other a young mom who relapsed with her addiction. Both were very heartbreaking to make for as each dealt with a loss, pain and sorrow. There is real pain in the world, folks, real pain. People are suffering deeply in need of love and comfort.

I will tell you that each of them had a huge smile on their faces when they saw their afghans. It never ceases to amaze me how something so insignificant as a simple blanket can bring comfort to someone in need. I didn't think that either of the two afghans were anything special, yet to them, it was everything. One of the relatives actually sent me an e-mail saying how comforted she felt knowing that God cared enough to have someone make one for her brother. After something like that, why would I stop making them?

So, it's only Tuesday, but I feel pretty darn good inside. My fatigue may still be around, but it was worth it.


Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...