Saturday, June 29, 2019

Day 80 Of Writing: Not Your Best


                                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 



Thrice blest whose lives are faithful prayers,
Whose loves in higher love endure;
What souls possess themselves so pure,
Or is there blessedness like theirs?
A. TENNYSON


Have you ever felt that you haven't looked your best at work or any function? Maybe you had a horrible hair day or you didn't look good in what you were wearing? You felt overweight and sloppy, hoping you could disappear quietly into the background where no one could look at you. Have you ever regretted wearing what you did and vowed to throw it out when you returned home? Have you ever had a day like that?


That is exactly what my week was like! I just wanted to hide and be left alone. Of course, everyone just had to talk to me about one thing or another. Of course, that's when we have some important clients walk through the building. 

Even this morning, on a weekend for heaven's sake, I felt totally sloppy and sweaty. I didn't expect it to be so hot so early in the morning. Right after dropping my mom off, I changed my plans a bit by going home to change. It affected the rest of the day, because it seemed like I was late for every appointed errand. Delay, delay, delay. 

Plus, the crowds! It seems that people love the sunny weather and come outside. People everywhere in every kind of store or business. So much traffic out there and I couldn't wait to get home. I was done. Once home, all energy left me and I looked at dismay at the huge chaos called my room. I had plans to finish up this remodel this weekend. Or at least, make some major headway. I just don't see it happening. 

Oh and this chaos is spilling over into the kitchen! We haven't been able to use our kitchen table ever since I began painting. I still have no idea how I fit all this stuff in my room to begin with. It's a mystery.

People have asked me how is the room remodel going? Well, it's going. We're just not sure exactly where it's going. It's just hard to do anything during the week. There's work, there's the Ministry, there's the blog. Bit by bit, that's how it's going.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...