Saturday, June 8, 2019

Day 60 Of Writing: Falling Off Again

                                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                   everyday is a journey.





Plant in us an humble mind,
Patient, pitiful, and kind;
Meek and lowly let us be,
Full of goodness, 
full of Thee.
C. WESLEY.

Normally, my day begins like any other, except on Sunday. Sunday morning is the only morning that is different for one single reason. . . Church. Even something simple like a cup of coffee doesn't happen until we are at Church. The early service is the one for us. We love Sundays!

Unfortunately, this past year our Sunday morning has been interrupted by a Church scandal that actually has made news. It seems that tragically this isn't so uncommon anymore. Many Churches and their leaders fall from grace quite frequently. People are people and we live in a fallen world. We don't seem to understand that concept. I am not making excuses for any of these scandals. It's hard enough for the average joe to stay on the straight and narrow. Can you image someone living in the limelight? I think I would be afraid to go out in public in case I was seen doing something unpleasant. 

My Church experience, not my God experience, has not exactly been a success. I mean a Church not God, because my faith is secure and strong. God is my everything and I cannot imagine my life without Him.The Churches it seems here in the City are so very different than in the Country. I think it may have to do with being rather conservative vs. modern. Can you guess which is which? Country vs. City?

The first Church I belonged to seem to be more concerned with numbers rather than the saving of souls. It was all about getting them in with advertisements of free family photos or Starbuck's Coffee coupons for first timers. Somehow, that hasn't been my experience in the Country Churches that I have visited. Mother's Day sermon doesn't involve a lot of hoopla to get people in. You're welcomed any time, but the only thing free you will receive is the Word of God. 

My current Church was fine until the main Pastor fell from grace with the darn scandal. Then the entire Church fell apart by placing a woman as the Senior Pastor as a fill in until a new one could be appointed. People really have a problem with this and frankly, so do I. Attendance has dropped significantly. The rest of us are trying to hang on hoping a new Pastor will be appointed soon. It's been over a year already. When she preaches, well, we just don't come.

This may seem harsh and silly to many people, but I cannot bring myself to stay and listen to her. I feel as if I was biblically disobedient to the Word of God. The bible preaches discernment in these type of matters so my ill at ease cannot be regarded as silly. I somehow don't believe this would even be an issue in the Country, because simply it wouldn't happen. 

To say that I am disappointed in Churches here in the City would be an understatement. They seem to be more into being politically correct rather than biblically. I guess, it just depends on which is more important to you. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...