Saturday, June 22, 2019

Day 73 Of Writing: Memories



                                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey 




I am glad to think
I am not bound to make the world go right;
But only to discover and to do,
With cheerful heart, the work that God appoints.
I will trust in Him,
That He can hold His own; and I will take
His will, above the work He sendeth me,
To be my chiefest good.
J. INGELOW.




A happy memory never wears out.
An Amish saying.


Amen, amen. Some memories we keep going back to, because they have made us laugh or smile. It's these tender moments that keep playing forever in our minds. When it comes to my children, I remember the good times. The bad? Well, they're distant memories and I'm waving goodbye to them. No need for us to be holding on to things like that. Life is way to short and I want nothing, but Joy in mine.

I love the time I can spend with my small, but lovely family even if it is just for lunch or a quick ice cream cone. Sometimes that is all we can afford to do with everyone's schedule being what it is. Plus, let's not forget we live such a long distance away from one another.

We make memories every single day, whether they are good or bad. I, myself can attest to the struggle of living life and facing all it's ugly giants. Has it been a really good weekend, thus far? Well, yes and no. It has had it's moments. Bittersweet moments. Difficulties arise all the time with the least amount of warning. One has to enjoy the Joy whenever it is presented and cherish the memories that come with it. 

There will be plenty of fantastic weekends where everything falls into place magnificently without any tarnish. I love my children and look forward to seeing them even if there is conflict or not. We shared a lovely lunch the other day and I am so grateful for it. Tonight, Emily and I shared a lovely supper of a pita pizza. Our first attempt, could use some improvements, but the laughter that followed was priceless. 


Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...