Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Day 63 Of Writing: A Shawl

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.





I Ask Thee for a thoughtful love,
    Through constant watching wise,
  To meet the glad with joyful smiles,
    And to wipe the weeping eyes,
  And a heart at leisure from itself,
    To soothe and sympathize.
A. L. WARING.

I've started a shawl for myself. There's nothing really special about it, just a simple pattern for a beginner. It's called the Granny Square Shawl. 

I've been planning this shawl for quite awhile now. I bought the yarn months ago and kept postponing. I told myself I was first looking for a certain kind of stitch or pattern that spoke to me. I searched online one shawl tutorial after another. That was months ago. In reality, the truth is that I was scared that I couldn't do it. 

Silly, you say? Fear has kept me from progressing all of my life. I've always been scared of everything. Scared to drive until I was 35 years old. Scared to go back to school in case I was not smart enough. Scared of not succeeding. Scared of failure. Scared of the unknown. Just plain scared.

Sounds familiar? Fear is the number one attack the devil uses on us. The second? Our past. Stack both up and suddenly we are frozen unable to move forward in life. 

This entire year thus far has been about letting go of my fears. I have spent these months taking care of paperwork regarding my pension, my 401k and such. I'm still not done. These types of things scare me, because I am not knowledgeable in that department. Each time, my fears over took me emotionally with worry and anxiety. I'm struggling folks, but I'm also trying. 

The shawl is coming out pretty nicely. Once again, I am shown that I can overcome. Thank you Jesus for that!

Have a blessed day everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...