Sunday, June 23, 2019

Day 74 Of Writing: I Dislike Painting

                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


On the great love of God I lean,
Love of the Infinite, Unseen,
With nought of heaven or earth between.
This God is mine, and I am His;
His love is all I need of bliss.
H. BONAR.

I dislike painting. There was a time that remodeling of any kind didn't bother me at all. Nowadays, I don't have the desire to do any of it. I don't want to spend my time cleaning, cooking or doing any housework at all. In fact, I look forward to the time when I am living alone so all of that will be at a minimal. In reality, I'll probably cry like a baby when Emily leaves me. Who will feed me?

One wall was already finished. I sat there amidst the chaos of my bedroom. At this point, I couldn't see the outcome, the beauty of how it would look. Looking around, all I could see was a mess. Where am I going to sleep tonight? The bed was completely covered with everything from one side of the room. The side that was being painted. 

Even the color was giving me doubts. It seemed perfect when I first bought it. I felt excitement at the prospect of how good this room would look when finished. Now I'm not so sure. Now I was having doubts to all of it. Should I have even begun this project?

All I see are the imperfections. I'm not as agile as I once had been. My skill as a painter has definitely decreased. This weekend has had it's challenges. Some good moments, some happy moments and some defeating ones as well. Maybe I''m just too critical, because my emotions are all over the place. 
Maybe, just maybe.

Well, I have no other choice now, but finish it. Sometimes, we have to complete something that we are not happy about. Those moments actually take longer than usual, because of the upheaval, the tension. Who knows, maybe it may actually look beautiful when completed. No matter how dark, there is always a light at the end.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...