Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Day 59 Of Writing: Thunder

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                               everyday is a journey. 


In heavenly love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here.
A. L. WARING.

Rain. Thunder. Lightening. A storm has never bothered me. It could pour and pour for days, you wouldn't hear me complain. There is something so beautiful, powerful, yet peaceful about a storm. Maybe because a storm represents the power of God. I just don't freak out, I admire, instead.

Have you noticed the cover photos on my blog? They're all sceneries of the Country. My heart must be yearning for simplicity and nature. Where can a person witness the perfect storm? Only in the Country. What a magnificent display it must be! The open sky free of buildings and concrete. Joey once told me of witnessing a lightening storm coming home from work one night. He couldn't avert his eyes off the splendor in front of him among the rows of cornfields. Only in the Country. Only God. 

So let it rain. Let it thunder. I always loved how the world looked after a storm. So green and clean and vibrant! Isn't that how we all look after a storm in our life? We never come out the way we go in, do we? Plus, we need water to drink, to replenish the Earth and water is needed for life to flourish.

 I always smile whenever I hear people exclaim in disgust or dismay about the weather. We need rain. I do agree that it can be dangerous, so don't get me wrong here. I acknowledge the fact that some people lose their lives, their homes and their livelihood. Too much of anything can be lethal in more ways than one. 

I guess I'm just embracing the everyday bits and pieces right now. Life seems pretty okay. I am content with what I do have, because I know another vicious storm could be right around the corner. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...