Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Day 70 Of Writing: Overdoing

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 




A mighty fortress is our God,
A bulwark never failing:
Our helper he amid the flood
Of mortal ills prevailing.
For still our ancient foe
Doth seek to work us woe;
His craft and power are great:
And, armed with cruel hate,
On earth is not his equal.
--Martin Luther.

Well, I did it again, folks. Remember all those plarn balls I made for my homeless mats? I started making homeless mats for a delivery and now my right hand is swollen. I overworked my hand . . . again. This is how my hand ended up hurting in the first place, because last year, I made 24 of these mats in rapid concession. 

I should have known better to space them out like I have been doing. Why oh why, did I think I could repeat the same mistake and that the outcome would be different? It is much better to plarn as I go rather than all at once. 

This is really a pattern of mine. I tend to fill my plate to the brim. I love busyness and this pattern of overdoing has become the norm. I need to learn how to manage what I can realistically complete. My body isn't what it used to be and tends to react negatively when overworked. 

Easier said than done, folks. My right hand has been hurting whenever I tend to crochet too much or the weather turns cold/rainy. I have been doing exercises fro my hand and also been wearing a tight wrap. I have to admit, I'm only doing that when it hurts. I need to be doing this on a regular basis, especially soaking it. 

What I really should be doing is having my GP take a look at it, but I already feel like she will send me to physical therapy. The last thing I want to be doing is heading out to downtown Chicago twice a week. Heck no!

On the flip side, my car is loaded up with boxes and homeless mats! They have to go as soon as possible. This is my favorite part of the entire Ministry . . . watching all the crocheted items being delivered.Love seeing that, it just never seems to get old.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...