Monday, June 10, 2019

Day 62 Of Writing: Only God

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                  everyday is a journey.



Be quiet, soul:
Why shouldst thou care and sadness borrow,
Why sit in nameless fear and sorrow,
The livelong day?
God will mark out thy path to-morrow
In His best way.
ANON

Recently, Emily and I spent some time watching online the Titanic sink in real time. It is quite a speechless moment watching the tragedy in slow motion as it unfolded. It will humble you for sure. It just shows humanity as it truly is and how short life can be.

In my twelve years with cancer, I have come across many people who no longer are here. Some have accepted their cancers and others fought an inner struggle up until the end. Death is a horrible act that we all will have to endure at one point or another. 

My dear Linda has spent many of her remaining years begging God to be completely cured of cancer. She was looking for a cure instead of learning to live with it. I feel that many of us waste precious time searching for something that is right in front of them. I can't help, but think of all the special times they could have had with the people in their lives. Let's not forget all the people they could have helped get there, too.

Our experiences shape who we become in the years to come. The way we went in is not the way we came out. I can't say that enough. There are people out there who could and would benefit greatly from those experiences if only we shared them. 

So where are you in acceptance of where you are right now? Are you still struggling or are you learning to deal with the cards you have been dealt? Is your mentality a cup half full? I know I may not be where I wish to be, but I am definitely better off than I was twelve years ago. I have always said that cancer has been the best thing that ever happened to me. Look what it has done for me. Only this trial. Only God.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...