Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Mourning Begins

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                          everyday is a journey.




No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope or fear;
But, grateful, take the good I find,
The best of now and here.
J. G. WHITTIER



mourn·ing

ˈmôrniNG/
noun
  1. the expression of deep sorrow for someone who has died, typically involving following certain conventions such as wearing black clothes.

    "she's still in mourning after the death of her husband"

    synonyms:grief, grieving, sorrowing, lamentationlament, keening, wailing, weeping
    "a period of mourning"
    • black clothes worn as an expression of grief when someone dies.
      synonyms:black (clothes), (widow's) weeds;
      archaicsables
      "she was dressed in mourning"

Mourning is an act of grieving for a loss that is dear to us. Usually, that loss is one of a loved one, but I believe we mourn may things in our lives. We can mourn dreams that have never materialized or fell apart. I've been in mourning for these past few months ever since my Company has announced being sold. I knew then that my dream would not materialize or at least in the way I expected it to.

Whatever it may be that we are mourning the loss of, we need to go through it. There is nothing worse then sweeping things under the rug. Believe me, no one wants to face unpleasant things, especially the hurtful ones, but it has to be done. We carry around way too much baggage for my liking. Somehow it doesn't matter until we are facing a tremendous struggle in our lives. Then we want to make amends before it is too late.

I have people in my life that I have been trying unsuccessfully to reconcile with and I know if I died tonight, they would be affected. They would be hit with the "what might have been" syndrome. It's never too late, my friends. So go ahead and mourn your losses appropriately. Feel the pain. Address the pain. Let go of the pain. Then move on.

Life is meant to be lived and so let's get to it. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...