Monday, January 21, 2019

Fried Oatmeal

  
                                                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Enough that He who made can fill the soul
    Here and hereafter till its deeps o'erflow;
  Enough that love and tenderness control
    Our fate where'er in joy or doubt we go.
ANON

So many of us come from broken homes and broken families trying to mend ourselves on our own. Spending the majority of our youth running around doing whatever we want without any consequences. Then we spend the last half of our life trying to fix the damage we have done to ourselves and to others. Hallowed be Thy name for showing us mercy!

Life can be tiring. We need to eat more fried oatmeal. Remember how we had oatmeal when we were young and as soon as we left home, we expanded our menu to waffles? Well, oatmeal sounds so much tastier now than any waffle. A lot less work and a lot more filling. 

All week long, I work with people who love the city and the world more than anything else. They are immersed in the trappings of what is not good for them in the long run. They speak longingly of the weekend to come and all the plans they have like turning it up. I could care less, just let me fry up my oatmeal like a boring person that I seem to them. 

If they only knew how much I love my life now. If only they knew how much purpose I have and feel each day. How do I convey the contentment I feel by living a much simpler life? A life with Christ. People don't want to give up what they think is too much fun. They think they are losing out, but in fact, they are missing out. 

There have been many times in my life where the world seemed like such a grand place, but all I ended up doing in the end is running home. There are so many broken people searching for relief from their pain, searching in the wrong place. Searching and partaking in food that doesn't satisfy the hunger within. Now, who wants some fried oatmeal?

Have a blessed day everyone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...