Wednesday, January 2, 2019

December Highlights

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Thou know'st not what is good for thee,
But God doth know,--
Let Him thy strong reliance be,
And rest thee so.
C. F. GELLERT


December . . . boy, it came and went so fast. It has been one of my most productive months of the year. I'm still in awe of how much we actually accomplished and wonder why we can't do it every month. 

This month alone:
I had a mammogram done and failed it. Every single time I have one, I fail it and have to go back for a more intense scan. If this happens every time, why not just order the intense scan right away? Well, it might have to do with insurance purposes. I don't feel a lump or am in pain. There is no cause for me to have a mammogram except the usual screening of the year. Ugh, it is so frustrating, because it takes away so much of my time. 

Anyway, it has also been a very busy month for the Ministry. Over six deliveries to separate charities. Plus, we have received so many large donations of yarn. We have been blessed exceedingly and I wonder what God has in store for our Ministry. 

Speaking of the Ministry, I made so many items. A whole bunch of scarves, hats, baby blankets and shawls galore. It has been a great month. I realized how much I miss doing the things that mean so much to me like crocheting. It totally relaxes me. 

Another thing I love is to write. I feel as if this area of my life has been suffering. There hasn't been much time for it and that saddens me, because it has been my cancer therapy. I used to take Thanksgiving week off and do nothing, but write. That hasn't happened for at least two years. My schedule has become much fuller since then. 

My work has a new employer, a new company name. Of course, everything had to be changed, updated or moved. My insurance, my pension, my 401K and any personal information. All new passwords had to be created taking a lot of my time. Yet, it was all completed. 

We did have time to visit Joe, Aubs. and the kids. The new house is beautiful, but my favorite thing was the yard. It was very spacious, very woodsy and very quiet. What surprised me the most was that Emily even noticed the solitude and remarked on it. Too bad we have to leave the quiet and the scenery outside our window for the concrete buildings. Her words, not mine. 

So that ends our December adventures. Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...