Friday, January 25, 2019

It's Snowing


                                                              Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



 Thy beauty, O my Father! All is Thine;
    But there is beauty in Thyself, from whence
  The beauty Thou hast made doth ever flow
    In streams of never-failing affluence
Thou art the Temple! and though I am lame,--
    Lame from my birth, and shall be till I die,--
  I enter through the Gate called Beautiful,
    And am alone with Thee, O Thou Most High!
J. W. CHADWICK.

It snowed. It snowed all evening and all night. It kept snowing until the next morning. When snow covers a landscape, it creates beauty that is rare and unique. Then the world intervenes and ruins everything. We plow, we shuffle and suddenly the pristine white snow turns into a gray sludge. 

That's how sin works. We are pure and pristine, then the sin enters our world. Suddenly, we are dirty, all dark. The beauty is gone.

I love a good snowfall! When I was younger, we really had snowstorms. They were horrible and they would last for days. When it was over, the pathways looked like tunnels with all the mounds of snow around it. We don't have these types of Winters any longer. For the last several years, we have been spoiled with temperatures in the 40's or 50's. 

This has been so far a snowy Winter already with 4 or 5 snow falls. I am glad, because I missed the real Winters of old. I know, I know, but the beauty folks! The beauty! You have no idea how much I love sitting or sleeping inside my home all snug with the snow falling softly. I must be getting old, because I want to live with Nature. 

When we are young, we don't appreciate or understand the need for Nature. I want to bask in it. Surround myself in it. Give me a nice little cabin or cottage in the woods where deer roam along with the wild turkey. A  place where we can burrow or snuggle in for the Winter haul. The squirrel and the birds both vying for the same seed. How lucky are the ones right in the middle of it. 

Ah, I know, I'm getting carried away, but whenever the snowfall comes it brings with it a longing inside of me. Enjoy this beautiful day everyone. Sit in your comfy chair reading your favorite book or watching your favorite show. Enjoy it, because the world will be soon knocking once more and it will be gone.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...