Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Righting The Wrong

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



We look before and after,
And pine for what is not;
Our sincerest laughter
With some pain is fraught;
Our sweetest songs are those
 that tell of saddest thought.
Yet if we could scorn
Hate and pride and fear,
If we were things born
Not to shed a tear,
I know not how thy joy 
we ever could come near.


When we are hurting, the first thing we want to do is lash out, but it's the worst thing we could do. It only makes the situation worse. I've been in that type of situation so many times. I want to see immediate retribution for the wrong done to me or to those I love. Who doesn't?

I've struggle with forgiveness and letting go of past regressions just like the next person, but then I came across these verses that I have no idea where they came from or by whom. If any of you know the who and the where, please let me know. 

I've many a cross to take up
now and many left behind
but present troubles move me not
nor shake my quiet mind
what may be tomorrow's cross
I never seek to find
my Father says,"Leave that to me
and keep a quiet mind

 I just kept reading it over and over to myself, believing every word. God will right every wrong. We have no need to take the reign away from Him. We just have to trust Him. How deep is that trust? Only you can answer that question. No one can answer it for you.

I believe that is the problem with society. We want instant gratification for everything. We do not know how to let go nor do we want to. We want to run our lives the way we see fit with no account to anyone. Well, how is that working out for all of you? Not very well, I see.

Don't get me wrong. I fall many times myself. It is a constant reminder in the back of my head that I need Him more than He needs me. Let it go, reverberates repeatedly and at times, it is extremely difficult. I want satisfaction now, not at a time where I cannot witness it. That's another thing. We want to witness that wrong being righted. It's not for us to see it. Why can't we accept that?


Life is soooo extremely short and difficult. I don't want to carry around anymore baggage than I have to. Life is meant to be lived, so let's live it. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...