Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Real Winter

                                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



What is rightly done stays with us, 
to support another right beyond, 
or higher up; 
whatever is wrongly done vanishes; 
and by the blank,
 betrays what we would have built above. 
--John Ruskin.

Well, we're finally having a real Winter around here. It has been years since we have seen Winter as it truly has been in the past. I have to be honest I have missed it. I know I sound crazy, but I believe things ought to be true to form. A Winter should be a Winter. A dog should be a dog. And so on and so on it goes.

Another storm is coming! Another snowfall. The temperatures have dropped to single digits and as people grumble, I hold on. My cabin air (heater) is going out and at times, not working at all. Not a good time not to have heat. I think it's my fuse again. They still haven't plowed our parking lot from the last one and now everything is frozen solid. Yet, I am not complaining about the weather. It seems quite the opposite in fact, I have been complaining about the lack of one.

Monday, we had a snow storm roll in. Tuesday and Wednesday, it has been in minus degree weather. Right now it is -13 and it is dropping to -24 by nightfall. The banks, schools, Amtrak and majority of workplaces have shut down. Oh, there's no mail, either. Of course, my place has stayed open until just a few minutes ago. Something must have happened, because they would never and I mean never, shut down out of the goodness of their hearts. 

Before you think I am bitter, stop. I have come to terms that businesses are basically that . . . .businesses. Their goal is to produce and unfortunately, everything is ruled by that notion. That is all I will say on that matter. 

Tomorrow another snowstorm is to roll in during the night. I know I have been complaining about our parking lot, but I think I know what is happening. We have been so spoiled with our weather these past few years that we are totally overwhelmed and unprepared. They are using this small snowplow to do a gigantic job. They cannot keep up. There are huge mounds of snow piled up everywhere. A real Winter is definitely here.

I picked up Emily from work and right now we are snuggling in for the day. A pot of chicken noodle soup is cooking away on the stove for supper. Nothing else can be done today. It is way too cold to be running around outdoors. Get comfy everyone and enjoy each other's company.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...