Saturday, January 26, 2019

Clarity

                                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Am I wrong to be always so happy? 
This world is full of grief;
Yet there is laughter of sunshine,
 to see the crisp green on the leaf,
Daylight is ringing with song-birds,
 and brooklets are crooning at night;
And why should I make a shadow when
 God makes all so bright?
Earth may be wicked and weary, 
yet cannot I help being glad!
There is sunshine without and within me,
 and how should I mope or be sad?
God would not flood me with blessings, 
meaning me only to pine
Amid all the bounties and beauties he 
pours upon me and mine;
Therefore I will be grateful, 
and therefore will I rejoice;
My heart is singing 
Anon

So I have been feeling as if my writing has taken a back seat to everything else. I was hoping to do some while on my trip to Arizona, but things didn't go that way. Too much entertaining. Not enough Wifi. My goal was to put into the written word the emotions that were surging through my heart. Let them pour out at the feet of Jesus. 

What would emerge we can only speculate. Another layer of onion skin shall peel away into the dusky corners of forgiveness. I am not expecting my world to change, but I do expect clarity on the where and how in my life. 

Where there was cloudiness, let clarity appear.
Where bondage claimed me, let independence roar.
Where there was shame, let a cleansing wipe me clean. 

As I reflect on the last few months and maybe even the last half of the year, I would have done absolutely nothing differently. Clarity truly came into the forefront and opened my eyes to what was wrong and what had to be changed. Without the last year's confusion and questioning of my heart, I would have never realized the where and the when. I now know what I need to do and the direction I should head.

There are many Seasons in our lives where we are extremely happy, running around with a song in our heart. Things are going well. Then they change drastically and suddenly our bubble breaks leaving us heartbroken. It is so difficult to stay the course when that particular Season appears. We want to make rash decisions and host pity parties, but we must continue on. Keep on, my friend. Clarity will come with faithfulness, grace and humbleness. 

I am the most humbled when trials appear. I remember who God truly is and who I am. There is a tremendous difference in that realization. I think we forget our position in that equation, placing ourselves on the same level with God. That cannot be, my friend. We have to come before Him with reverence. Only then, can we truly kneel down and ask Him to show us the Way. Clarity doesn't come with the snap of our fingers. It takes time, it takes experience. Just like anything else in our walk as Christians, we have to learn discernment. Piece by pieces like a puzzle, things will seem clearer with every step we take in this journey of ours. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...