Friday, January 18, 2019

Finding That Routine

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
—W. E. Henley

We are not strangers to change. In fact, change occurs quite frequently in our lives whether we welcome it or not. Right now, it's a great thing and we embrace it wholeheartedly. The adaptation of that change is a little more difficult than the acceptance. 

What do I mean? Well, finding a routine to fit that change can be challenging. Sometimes, everything has to be shifted, challenged or given up to accommodate the new. Hopefully, for the better. 

So here we are, hoping, praying that things will naturally fall into place as we struggle to get things done. Emily's new schedule is a little hard on the both of us, but probably more me than her. She seems to be adapting to the hours a lot better than most people. We only have one vehicle and that creates a problem, especially since I am the driver. It doesn't help that we both are putting in the hours, too. All of a sudden, overtime and ten hour days are the norm. 

You know, it doesn't matter how much organizing and scheduling I do, time always has a way of running away from me. I have written several blog posts on organizations, adapting new techniques to better serve my various activities. I have come to the conclusion that there will never be enough time for me. I love busyness and busyness loves me. 

So we are slowly adapting, one day at a time. It will fall into place just as it has on numerous occasions. Some things will fall back a bit, but eventually I will get there. Already this weekend I have some time to get that backlog of things sorted out. I was able to straighten the place with some spit and shine. The laundry was done and several boxes ready for shipment. Even my room is looking a bit better. Amazing, isn't it? 

Now, I can settle in and do some writing! Ah, how I miss it. There was a time where all I did was write. Do you remember those moments where my heart could have unburdened itself from the daily stresses of life with cancer. Heck, just life alone. Hello my friend. Welcome back.

HAVE a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...