Friday, December 21, 2018

This Drafty Place

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




When obstacles and trials seem
Like prison-walls to be,
I do the little I can do,
And leave the rest to Thee.
F. W. FABER

I shivered, couldn't help it. I have been sitting at my desk hoping to get a head start on this huge paper pile in front of me. There's always so much to do, isn't it? Our apartment hasn't really felt nice and cozy. It kind of feels a bit drafty. 

I didn't winter seal the windows as good as I have done in the past. I only did one or two of them thinking the others wouldn't matter. I was wrong. I could feel the draft and for me, that is unusual. Normally, I am very warm and content. 

Looking around our apartment, I realize just how drafty this place has become with the weather change. This home of ours is not the best looking, but it is sure cozy. Or at least, it is that way for me. Emily on the other hand, well she calls it the ghetto, because it is run down. It does need a complete remodel and I like to call it the Green Acres. Do you remember that show? Pretty old, but that's how I feel about this drafty place. Don't touch anything, it might fall off.

It may be drafty and in need of great repair, but I sure feel comfortable. My little haven where we can escape from the outside world whenever we feel overwhelmed. Although, I feel that others would not feel the same. I believe people judge too much the homes that others live in. 

So why do we live here? Have you ever been in an in between place? That's what this place truly is to us. It is cheap, a mere fifteen minutes to both of our jobs and away from the city. It's where we need to be until we go where we really should be. So it's drafty. It's not very pretty. It will do for now. It's still not too late to do the other windows.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...