Monday, December 10, 2018

More Connection Problems

                                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.




O Giver of each perfect gift!
  This day our daily bread supply;
  While from the Spirit's tranquil depths
  We drink unfailing draughts of joy.
LYRA CATHOLICA.


So here we are again! After getting up very early to go grocery shopping with my mom, I came home to unpack and put away the items. Finally sitting down with my cup of coffee, I noticed we have no wifi. What? No wifi? The end of the world has come! If there is one thing I need is wifi. 

Again, I go to the main monitor and begin the whole process of disconnecting, counting to fifteen and connecting every single wire back together. Of course, that didn't work. It never works, but they want you to go through this process. I think they do that to keep you busy and not yelling at them.

So Emily says to me: My man better know how to fix "blank" because this is ridiculous.

I say to her: Not all men know.

Emily: Well, he better learn quick.

Nothing was happening so I had to do the dreaded thing  . . . .call them. Ugh! Thankfully, they already had a pre-recorded message for everyone. They are aware of the situation and they are working feverishly on this problem, hopefully restoring service by 03:09 p.m. By then, I should be well into my shift at work. Might as well do something else.

Funny thing, it was so quiet I could hear the clouds move outside. I know, because I sat there staring at them through the window. I was attempting to crochet, but this silence was cramping it's style. I just couldn't concentrate. My mind drifted off to what Ted said to me on the train. He said to me that apparently wifi is very important to you. You need to invest in something better then. He is right. If something is extremely important to you, you will spend the money on it. 

So when did it finally come on? It wasn't 03:09 p.m. like the promised. It was more like 06:30 p.m. Thank goodness I was at work. The silence would have killed me.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...