Sunday, December 9, 2018

Back To Work

                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                    everyday is a journey.




O will, that wiliest good alone,
Lead Thou the way, Thou guides! best;
A silent child, I follow on,
And trusting lean upon Thy breast.
And if in gloom I see Thee not,
I lean upon Thy love unknown;
In me Thy blessed will is wrought,
If I will nothing of my own.
GERHARD TERSTEEGEN.

Back to work after this short hiatus as we transitioned from Avon to Fareva. The Avon sign that I have stared at for over 23 years was gone as I pulled into the parking lot. There were three flagpoles standing boldly and proudly in front of the building. On it were the American flag, the French flag and a flag with the name Fareva. 

Funnily, no emotion ran through me. I think I have been waiting for this change to happen. I knew deep inside that if this didn't happen, we would have ended up in the unemployment line. Those are real facts, folks. 

Right now, we are a bit behind production so that means working 10 hour days and a Saturday. Not a problem. I have decided to embrace all that Fareva had to offer. I may not know what the future may look like for me, but I want to be ready for when it happens. At least, financially.

It's funny how a different, but positive attitude can change one's outlook on things. It certainly feels real good to walk into work nowadays. It is no longer an ordeal that I dread and count the days until my retirement. I am making an effort and it shows. 

I never thought I would feel this way about my job. It certainly has been a negative aspect of my life that I felt I couldn't overcome. I am so glad that I was able to finally do just that.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...