The Mammogram Experience

                                                                      Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                                                       everyday is a journey.

When obstacles and trials seem
Like prison-walls to be,
I do the little I can do,
And leave the rest to Thee.

It's 5:00 a.m. and once again, I'm getting up to face the day. For someone who hibernates in Winter, I've been up and at it pretty aggressively this Season. Then again, it really isn't Winter yet, is it?

So what brings me up this morning? An appointment for a mammogram. Nothing serious, just a routine yearly visit to get the girls checked. How long is the average time spent in a mammogram? Fifteen minutes or so? 

I dropped off Emily at work and was on my way by 7 a.m right in the middle of rush hour traffic. The trip itself is one I have taken for the last 11 1/2 years. I could do it in my sleep with my eyes closed. My experience with the Hospital and clinic has changed since that time. I've noticed quite an increase of patients in the waiting room. Not just in Oncology, but radiology, labs and even in physical therapy. People are sicker than before or more people have insurance? Hmm, I think the first is more actual.

Anyway, I arrived and signed in at 8:35 a.m. Something totally new happened when the receptionist called me up. She handed me a tablet to enter in all my information. Now at first I thought it was just a survey about my visit there, but it asked me personal info like address and phone. It just went on and on with these questions that I thought they should have had in the computer. What was the purpose of my coming up to the receptionist then? I should have come up to a kiosk with a computer straight from the beginning. Who needed her there? I just felt that was weird.

The exam itself, although a little uncomfortable and maybe a bit hurtful, goes by pretty quickly. The technicians have always been super nice and comforting. No problems there.

 On my way out, I once again noticed how quickly the waiting room filled up while my exam was going on. The same thoughts when I was in the parking garage. In fact, no more cars could enter, because it was full. It was only 10:30 a.m. in the morning. I have never seen it this busy before. 

Makes one wonder, for sure. Have a blessed day everyone. 


Popular posts from this blog

In Anticipation

The 100 Day Project:Day 15 Of Writing

An Early Riser . . . Once