Sunday, September 30, 2018

Vitamins 101: Take Two

  
                                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Though waves and storms go o'er my head,
    Though strength and health and friends be gone,
  Though joys be withered all, and dead,
    Though every comfort be withdrawn,
  On this my steadfast soul relies,--
    Father! Thy mercy never dies.
JOHANN A. ROTHE

Today, I want to talk about how I chose the vitamins that I did. Well, very simply, I assessed what my body needed the most. I knew I had issues with my joints, bones and that my immune system was weakened from all the treatment. I started small and simple, as I began this journey, I kept adding on more vitamins.

Take Magnesium, it is one of the last ones we bought, about a month ago. Yet, this one has done wonders for me. I am giving credit to this vitamin for the great improvement in my mobility in regards to my legs. I still ache and creak, but it is manageable. It is also very inexpensive, selling around 9.99 at Costco. 



The fish oil is one of the first ones we tried, because it is known to help in lowering your blood pressure, reduces triglycerides, heart attacks and strokes. There are certain vitamins that we need as we age, fish oil is one of them. If you are a person who dislikes fish, this is an excellent substitution for getting your omega-3 daily dosage.


Vitamin D3 is used to prevent and treat bone disorders. If you noticed I take quite a bit of vitamins that aid joint/bone prevention. I'm always on the lookout for anything that will help manage my leg mobility. It's not just about vitamins, I also do leg exercises. It is all about preventive care. 


At first, we began with a women's daily multi vitamin, but then we came across the gummy bears. It is very pleasant to mix in some gummy bears so one doesn't feel like we are swallowing nothing, but pills for breakfast. We often joke that we take so many vitamins that it's a meal. This brand is one we use all the time now and in our mind we act like it's a candy treat!


Now, I know that someone of you might be thinking that this is way too much, but I disagree. My entire purpose nowadays is to be as healthy as I can be so when my cancer does return, my body will be strong. It takes a long time for our bodies to heal after treatment, why wouldn't I want to help it along?

To be continued.. .

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...