Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Little House

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Without murmur, uncomplaining
    In His hand,
  Leave whatever things thou canst not
    Understand.
K. R. HAGENBACH.

I've always loved a beautiful tree littered scenery. Too bad, that my joints wouldn't be able to handle the Seasons. Looking at the picture above almost makes me cry. This is how I pictured my future, living in the Country where scenes such as this existed. I've had this picture in my mind of what my retirement would look like and lately, I'm finding it doesn't exist. It's hard to come to this realization that what you thought your future would be is nothing like it in reality. 

You see, I fell in love with this little house. Is it even possible to do that? Yes, it's a whole five years too early, but it was perfect. I fell in love and actually saw myself living there. In my mind, I arranged all the furniture, filled it with my personal items and envisioned how my life would be lived. I fell in love with this house, because deep down inside I always wanted the six of us to be close to each other. 

No matter all this research that I have done, I've always wanted it to be there with my kids. I wanted us to live mere minutes away where we would gather for BBQ's and the kids sports events. After I'd be long gone, my children would continue on gathering with their families. We would finally be together in a way we should be.

After many months on the market, that little house was finally sold to someone else. Is it silly to mourn a house? No, because I'm mourning something much bigger than that, I'm mourning what could have been. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...