Sunday, September 16, 2018

A 4 Day Weekend Pt.4



Well, my final day arrived. It's been raining on and off the entire weekend and even though the temperatures have been low, the humidity extremely high. Thank goodness for air conditioning. We both arose very early. Emily gets up around 5:45 a.m. just to take a shower. Living in a multi family apartment building and especially when almost everyone works days, showering can be a hassle. One can hear the plumbing working overtime in the mornings. 

Today was to be a day of pure leisure for both of us. It's not often that we are off together or that all our work is basically done. now we can play. I felt very good about all that I accomplished over this 4 day. Basically, whatever I set out to do, I did. If you remember, last weekend I spent being sick in bed. Not very productive at all. When I finally got a little better, it was time to go back to work. 

I settled down to crocheting a blanket for a neighbor who apparently is going through cancer. I say apparently, because she is very aloof. We have been here a year and a half, it has taken me that long to get a response from her. She seems to like her own company and rarely is home at all. I met up with her after work in our parking lot. We both seem to come home at the same time. She walked past, waved and smiled at me. I noticed her head was shaved and that explained a lot. 

You see, lately I noticed she has been home secluded for several days not coming out. That is very strange for her, she is rarely home. Being very cautious, because I know her personality, I didn't know how to approach her or do something for her during this treatment. I decided to make her a blanket that she can use for treatment or snuggling at home. A homemade blanket spells love or at least to me it does. 

I also watched the PBS series Jamestown as I crocheted. Fell in love with the show and the day quickly flew by. Very relaxing and very satisfying conclusion to a special 4 day weekend. We didn't spend it turning it up or being lazy, which is okay, too. I hope your weekend was a good one.

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...