Monday, September 3, 2018

Letters Of Encouragement Pt.6

                                                           Everyday is as brand new day,
                                                            everyday is a journey.



The bird let loose in eastern skies,
When hastening fondly home,
Ne'er stoops to earth her wing,
 nor flies
Where idle warblers roam;
But high she shoots through air and light,
Above all low delay,
Where nothing earthly bounds her flight,
Nor shadow dims her way.


Omg, I took your Mats today to cornerstone...I almost cried. I went at the time they were serving lunch to anybody, not just residents and people were walking in and out and they wanted your mats. I walked in and a few people yelled out they needed them. The lady there told me to leave them on a table, because people were probably gonna want them.

The box I took of clothes, toys and books went in their room off to the side,( lol) but your mats, it was amazing to see their faces. Thanks to you lottie, a few people will sleep a little more comfortable tonight.
C.

I cannot express how this text made me feel. I never considered these mats beautiful. In fact, I have seen a group of ladies that dedicate their craft into making them. Theirs are gorgeously made, every loop perfectly done. Nothing like mine. I would be ashamed to show them my handiwork.

To hear how much my broken down attempt at making these mats are appreciated by those in need. . . . it just makes my heart swell with love. I cried when I read this. It is not about what I think of something, it is about what the person in need thinks of it. My trashy mats are like gold to them, because they need them.

You know, we never see the reaction of the people who receive our crafted goods. We make them, donate them and we walk away. This is why the devil likes to work up these images in our head that it is not appreciated or worth anything to anyone else. We might as well stop then, right?

I'm grateful for this message from one of my delivery ladies. I needed to hear that, because there is a little voice that keeps telling me to stop making them. In fact, I was going to take a break from them until November, but this changes everything. Apparently, there is a great need for them. I only made five and I wish I had more plastic bags to make more. It always comes down to lack of materials, doesn't it?

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...