Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Another Good Day

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 





Thy calmness bends serene above
    My restlessness to still;
  Around me flows Thy quickening life,
    To nerve my faltering will;
  Thy presence fills my solitude;
  Thy providence turns all to good.
S. LONGFELLOW

It's been a very interesting, but confusing week here for us. Many things have begun to move forward for my little family almost at once. Here nothing happened for months and months, then suddenly here we are. I'm attributing all of it to my decision on a very important matter in my own life. 

Sometimes, I believe we have to take stock of where we are and what we need to take care of or we cannot go any further on our journey. All of us like to postpone the ugly or unpleasant matters voicing all sorts of excuses. Eventually, God stops us where we are and we are almost forced to confront the things we have been avoiding for years. I believe this has happened to me, but more on that in November for sure. 

So let's talk about Emily first. The new position at work that I was hoping would turn into a permanent one, faced a small curve ball. Two fellow co-workers from her last department have left and she is needed to stay until more people are hired. In the meantime, she is only training in her new position once a week for now. A little disheartening, but I believe the Lord knows what He is doing. I let Him know that I will trust Him in this. This Department has much better hours, a better Manager and a lot less dealings with customers.Customers are extremely rude and difficult if you didn't know. If you need a reference, refer to Moses in Exodus.

Now my Joey. They finally sold their home and bought their new one all in one week. If that wasn't enough of a blessing, the closings for both homes happen to be on the same day. How did they manage that? Well, I think the One upstairs had a say in it. Only the Lord, people, only the Lord. Plus, the area where they will live has a large yard where I can park my little home or Rv if I choose. It is a blessing to have at least an option for 6 years down the road. 

Yeah, you heard me, 6 years. Over the Summer, my entire retirement plan went from the age of 57 to a whopping 59 yrs. I am not pleased. This is where the confusion begins. I thought it was simple enough, I could move my money into an IRA or somewhere else, but my HR rep wants to see me regarding this entire transition from one company to the next. Why? I'm wondering if there is a stipulation involved. Somehow, I don't believe this transition will go as smoothly as they implied. I detest hassles of kinds. I don't like dealing with people who speak a different language.Ugh!

On a pleasant and a tummy comforting note, Emily whipped up a quick lunch the other day consisting of sauteed mushrooms and broccoli over polenta. Yummy, yummy in my tummy. This was so filling that I wasn't even hungry when Supper came around. I think we opted for a green salad. I think we flip flopped our meals for that day.


Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...