Wednesday, September 12, 2018

A 4 Day Weekend Pt. 1

                                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



A garden is a lonesome thing, God wot!
Rose plot,Fringed pool,Ferned grot--
The veriest schoolOf peace; and yet the fool
Contends that God is not--Not God! 
in the gardens! when the eve is cool?
Nay but I have a sign;'
Tis very sure God walks in mine.

It's funny how we all look forward to that 4 day weekend, exclaiming we will do nothing, except relax. Yeah, right. If you are anything like me, that's always the plan, but somehow we become sidetracked by life.

On day one, we decided to visit the DMV to change Emily's address on her ID. I know, I know. It's been a year and a half, what took us so long? Part laziness and part not having time to do so. Right from the start, many things were against us.
1. It was a Friday.
2. It was the last day of the month.
3. It was mid morning when we finally got there.
The place was busy and I mean busy. We sat there for awhile. I crocheted while she went off from line to line getting her business done. Hey, that's what happens when you put off what should have been done a long time ago. 

Afterwards, we quickly hightailed straight to Costco for gas and with a list in hand. There's one thing we are great at together and that's shopping. We are in and out like a bandit. In fact, that's our motto. I did stop for a second to grab a sausage on a toothpick, because I was hungry. I'm not perfect, you know, like my partner. 

Coming home, I was ready for a nap, but there was no time for one. Supper had to be started, groceries put away and dishes washed. I felt quite proud at all we were accomplishing. We even washed the kitchen floor before finally sitting down for a bite to eat. 

Right now, I'm sitting here writing a blog before bed. I'm way too tired to do anything else like stay up for half the night writing. That's the olden days. Suddenly, the Heaven's opened up in a vicious downpour, the sky brightening up with thunder and lightening. I love a good thunderstorm. What a wonderful way to end the day. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...