Friday, September 28, 2018

Vitamins 101 Take One


                                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                                  everyday is a journey.




All my life I still have found,
    And I will forget it never;
  Every sorrow hath its bound,
    And no cross endures forever.
  All things else have but their day,
  God's love only lasts for aye.
P. GERHARDT.


Vitamins are not something that we have been taking for years and years. It is something fairly new to us. It seems that the last bout with cancer has left me feeling very fatigued and I tried to figure out how to gain back my energy levels. Also, this past Winter, I've experienced the Winter Blues for probably the first time. I really had a hard time adjusting to the lack of Sun.

Now, we are Costco people here. For us, to buy bulk really works financially. They also have a huge selection of vitamins at a very economical price. We don't select our vitamins based on the brand. We look for the price, the amount of grams involved and also the amount we have to take daily. So our brand varies depending on these things. 

Also, we did not buy all the vitamins at one time. We gradually kept adding as we saw what our bodies needed. Plus, we grew in knowledge about each vitamin and it's usage. Just a month ago, we added another two that have actually been very beneficial for me. 

I wanted to do a blog series on vitamins mainly, because I believe in preventive medicine. If you have a chronic illness, you should be doing everything you can to help keep your body as healthy as possible. I have a co-worker friend who had breast cancer 11 years ago. She never stopped smoking during this time and in fact, has kept herself in poor health. Never went back for preventive visits and tests with her oncologist. She is back in treatment and had to go on disability, because her health has gone down so bad. 

I am not here bashing her, so please forgive me if I sound like it. I just can't stress enough the importance on maintaining your body well after your treatment. The point here is to remain healthy and strong. Also, these are my opinions and I only want to share what has worked for me. It may be a different story for the rest of you. You have to figure out what works best for you and stick to it. Another thing, I am not here saying that you will never have to go to treatment again if you do. I have had four bouts with cancer, but I want to keep my body as strong as possible so it can endure it. That's very important.

To be continued. . . .

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...