Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Should People Take A Break?

                                                          Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                          everyday is a journey.




The longing for ignoble things;
The strife for triumph more than truth;
The hardening of the heart that brings
Irreverence for the dreams of youth;
All these must first be trampled down
Beneath our feet, if we would gain
In the bright fields of fair renown
The right of eminent domain.

Lately, I've been feeling very overwhelmed by everything going on in my leisure life, my work life and in my home. Sometimes, we are hit so hard and so fast that we have no idea in what direction we should go. Too much, too fast. Our brain goes into overdrive and we become burdened with the enormity of the situations compiled into one huge stress ball. 

Should people take a break?

Absolutely! The problem is that we have no idea how to do that. We may take a mini vacation or a weekend away, but is it really just for us? Or are you still being there for everyone else needs first?

Let me explain what exactly I mean. We have a friend  who regularly goes on a getaway all by herself. She leaves her husband and teenage son to go away to spend some quiet time all alone. Now, I know that we all can't do that, but there have to be other ways. Maybe, just maybe, a spa day for mom by getting a pedicure or a haircut. How about a lunch date with the girls? It does not have to be anything fancy or expensive. You know what I would love? A day spent all by myself in total silence. I could just sit on the porch enjoying the view. 

I plan on taking a break. I've already eased off my Ministry Gatherings for the rest of the year. That doesn't mean we have ceased all production. Of course not, we're just not meeting monthly. I'm also thinking of skipping out on my next Bible study, but I'm still on the fence about it. I really don't want to stop being in the Word with my group. There is a trip I plan on taking, but more on that in the upcoming weeks. 

Through all this chaos, I find myself longing for the silence. This past weekend has been pretty awesome with just the two of us relaxing at home. There is so much to sift through mentally, it will take more than a weekend to absorb. I hope all of you find some time for yourself to release some of that negative and stressful energy surging through our bodies. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and just release.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...