Thursday, November 23, 2017

An Emotional Day

                                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 

Could we by a wish
Have what we will and get the future now,
Would we wish aught done undone in the past?
So, let him wait God's instant men call years;
Meantime hold hard by truth and his great soul,
Do out the duty! Through such souls alone
God stooping shows sufficient of his light
For us i' the dark to rise by. And I rise.
--Robert Browning.

I don't know how it happened, but tears welled up and they spilled over. I never intended to become so emotional over a Women's Breakfast with a friend. We were meant to spend some time together, my having invited her to share my faith and expose her to something different in her life. 

The topic alone seemed very interesting: How to be okay when things aren't okay? Who hasn't experienced that at some point in their life. Some of us more than others. You see, there were these questions we were to discuss with one another at our table. It was then when I shared an experience and I went there, that an emotion was awakened once considered old and gone. I was there once again. It was raw and fresh as if it occurred this very moment. 

That encounter, that moment, stayed with me for the rest of the day. It made me sensitive to everything around me. I sometimes wondered who exactly is speaking. Is it really me? Or is it really the Holy Spirit? I wish I could retell it in the same way as that morning, but could I do it again? Some things are made of God, from God. He helped me speak that morning. He helped me speak my heart and it touched me. 

Even at Church I was quiet, deeply reflecting on my life. I've come so far and yet, I have so much more to go. If He would come tonight and take me home, I'm ready. How many people aren't? How many people out there are still searching? Way too many. So many people that need to be ministered in one way or another. 

It's okay to go there. It's okay to remember where we have been and where we are now. It's okay to have an emotional day. It's just plain okay.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am very grateful for some quiet time to get some things done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...