Saturday, November 18, 2017

It Is Simply Time To Trust

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




My God! in whom are all the springs
    Of boundless love and grace unknown,
  Hide me beneath Thy spreading wings,
    Till the dark cloud is overblown.
I. WATTS.

We all have dreams, ones that lay heavily on our hearts. Sometimes, we actually get to see these dreams come to fruition and others, not. What makes one dream more favorable than the other? Is it the passion that lies behind it? The drive?

We may have that dream, but do we have the trust in our Lord to deliver that dream? Placing our trust in anything or anyone is huge. I've always had a problem with letting go and trusting others completely. If I want to grow in Christ, I will simply have to trust in Him. 

Remember that old play acting activity of us falling back into someone's arms? I was never able to do that. Never! I did this with my 3rd. through 5th. graders in Sunday School. I was amazed how none of them had any problems falling back into their classmates arms. I watched as they kept doing it over and over again, my mouth opened with shock. Youngsters have no problem with trust. 

I wish I had no problems with trust. I still can't do that simple activity with anyone. I also bet I'm not the only one. Once we get hurt, we can't let go. We may forgive, but we never forget. We all pray for developing trust in God, complete trust. I did the same last year during my cancer treatment. I told Him that I trusted with my provision during that time and when things started going bad (didn't get paid for 6 weeks), I went crazy with worry. Not exactly trusting in the Lord.

He did provide, but not in my version of provision. You see, that was the problem. It's like when we lend money to someone who is in need. We give the loan and then become upset with what they do with that loan. They may be spending that loan in a way we don't like, but we're the ones who gave them that money in the first place. We must not have given from our heart then. We gave with a condition. 

We do the same when it comes to trusting God. We trust only if he provides with what we want, not what HE wants for us. That's why trusting is so hard. Trusting for real involves letting go completely. None of us seem to have a problem when we're in a crisis. Then we quickly and desperately fall on our knees, but can we fall all the time? Definitely something we all can work on. None of us are exempt here. None of us are righteous. None. We all could learn to simply trust God in the good times and the bad times.

Have a Blessed day everyone.


P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for my friend Cindy in joining this morning at my Women's Breakfast and allowing me to share my faith with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...